At LEARN, we interconnect universities, higher education institutes, and research institutions to enable groundbreaking discoveries and learning. We're seeking a Media Engineer (Administrator) to join our dynamic team and be a driving force behind our mission.
- Be part of a team that directly impacts education and research in Sri Lanka.
- Work with cutting-edge technology and expand your knowledge.
- Collaborate with leading universities and research institutes.
- Make a difference in a vibrant and meaningful field.
Virtual Conference (VC) environments have become an essential part of education today. LEARN is providing Zoom to its members at the moment while hosting it on-premise. With the increase in demand and usage, LEARN need to manage its resources and provide a better service continuously. Depending on the needs of the academic community, LEARN will also look at providing many such services in the future.
A media space will be another platform needed for education that helps in non-interactive meetings. It is used to is securely create, upload, share, search, browse, and watch live and on-demand videos, presentations, screencasts, and other rich media content, anytime, anywhere.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage and administrate LEARN media related platforms
- Perform necessary testing and implement new media related platform in consultation with the management
- Take necessary measures to mitigate security issue of the systems
- Maintain the platforms without significant service downtime
- Provide a statistical report for LEARN management when required
- Deal with vendors for systems upgrades, feature enhancements and troubleshooting
- Provide recommendation for LEARN to improve its media related services and their service level
- Support and guide institutional engineers/administrators to promote the services to their academics and provide the necessary support
- Provide the necessary support to end-users, if and when necessary
- Conduct training for network administrators and end-users as necessary Implement integration with other systems such as SAML SSO login
Required Qualifications and Skills:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Computer Science from a recognized institution
Programming/scripting experience in Java, Python, Perl or similar languages
Proven experience as a Media Engineer, and/or a genuine motivation to be able to take up the above responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
- The starting salary offered will be LKR 118,000/- per month, along with a fixed allowance of Rs. 96,300/- per month.
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
Workplace: Peradeniya, Kandy
Join LEARN, and help us shape the future of education and research in Sri Lanka. Your expertise can make a world of difference! Apply today and be a part of something extraordinary.
If you satisfy the qualifications outlined above and are attracted to this opportunity, kindly complete the form below by providing the necessary details.
* Applications will be processed in the order they are received, and qualified candidates will be contacted accordingly.
*All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
* Please note that applications not adhering to the provided instructions will not be taken into consideration.