Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) of Sri Lanka. A National Research and Education Network (NREN) is a specialized Internet Service Provider (ISP) dedicated to support the needs of the research and education communities within a country, and it is distinguished by support for a high-speed backbone network, often offering dedicated channels for individual research projects, in addition to providing many other services.
LEARN currently interconnects the University Grants Commission (UGC), the Ministry of Education, all the UGC funded State Universities, many public universities under other ministries, and several national research institutions, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) and Arthur C Clarke Institute for Modern Technologies.
Applications are hereby invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for the Manager - Projects and Solutions position in our office located at the University of Peradeniya. This position will initially be offered as a one-year Contract basis position with the possibility of permanency based on performance.
Coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. Manager Projects & Solutions will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Manage all related vendor support contracts for hardware, software, connectivity, etc..
- Perform other related duties as assigned
A Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of a department or a function within LEARN. The manager is responsible for overseeing and leading the work of lower-level subordinates. The manager is also responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the workforce and other resources within the department. The Manager shall report to the respective VP/GM Level Executive and shall make all tactical decisions in consultation with them.
The objective of a manager includes, meeting the goals of the department, development of a superior workforce, development of the department, development of an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
Qualification and Experience:
- Educational qualifications similar to Operations Manager (Grade II) position and experience of 5 years in Operations Manager (Grade II) position for an internal recruitment.
- A Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent professional qualification successfully completed from a recognized (UGC approved) professional institute with at least 10 years proven work experience at the capacity of a manager or Executive Level in Projects and Solutions/Customer Experience for an external recruitment.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary Scale: Rs. 165,000 – 5 x 13,200 – Rs. 231,000/- p.m. (increment step with experience)
- Cost of living allowance of Rs. 7,800/= and other government approved allowances
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
- A resume with two non-related referees and their contact details, educational, professional qualifications with the records of past experience.
- Proof documents including the copies of the certificates, service letters and other relevant documents.
This position will be offered as one-year Fixed term Contract with the possibility of extension/permanency based on performance.
All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
The applications should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject of the emails as “Application for the Position of Manager - Projects and Solutions”
*Applications which do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered.
Closing Date: 20th May 2022