Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) of Sri Lanka. A National Research and Education Network (NREN) is a specialized Internet Service Provider (ISP) dedicated to support the needs of the research and education communities within a country, and it is distinguished by support for a high-speed backbone network, often offering dedicated channels for individual research projects, in addition to providing many other services.
LEARN currently interconnects the University Grants Commission (UGC), the Ministry of Education, all the UGC funded State Universities, many public universities under other ministries, and several national research institutions, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) and Arthur C Clarke Institute for Modern Technologies.
Applications are hereby invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for the Kubernetes Engineer position in our office located at the University of Peradeniya. LEARN Kubernetes Engineer is responsible for managing LEARN container orchestration platforms to provide reliable web based applications such as LMS/CMS as a service to its member institutions.
Job Description and key responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of Linux OS and its architecture
- Real world experience in running open source applications on Linux
- Knowledge and experience in Linux based hypervisors/virtualisation platforms (KVM, QEMU, libvirt, Ganeti, Proxmox).
- Expert on Docker/Linux containers with working experience in deploying containerised applications.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Kubernetes container orchestration platform k8s including its complete architecture.
- Good understating of Kubernetes cluster networking, network policies, ingress controllers, Redis clustering.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Kuberneters storages and its use of CEPH storage
- Knowledge and experience in open source software provisioning, configuration management and deployment tool sets such as Ansible
- Taking necessary measure to protect the platform and its services from threats and vulnerabilities
- Automated monitoring of server hardware, VMs, cluster nodes, container instances and services to detect failures.
- Assuring protection of institutional data stored LEARN servers
- Assuring reliable services to its users
- Keeping the virtulization platforms and all its tools and softwares up to date.
- Scaling up the system while the demand increasing
- Supporting institutional administrators/engineers to get LEARN provided platforms well managed
1. The position targets those who have at least two years experience in working in Linux and Kubernetes. This is not an engineer trainee position.
2. In your application, briefly justify your knowledge/qualification and working experiences with evidence in relevance to the above requirements.
Qualification and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Physical Science with Statistics/ Computer Science
Salary & Benefits
- A Competitive salary package above the industry average will be offered to right candidate
- Both local and overseas trainings/workshops
- Financial support to obtain necessary certification and for professional development
- Structured career path within the organization
- A resume with two non-related referees and their contact details, educational, professional qualifications with the records of past experience.
- Proof documents including the copies of the certificates, service letters and other relevant documents.
This position will be offered as two-year Fixed term Contract with the possibility of extension/permanency based on performance.
All the documents should be in the PDF format and renamed accordingly. The resume should be renamed to the name of the applicant.
The applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the emails as “Application for the Position of Kubernetes Engineer”
*Applications which do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered.
Closing Date: 3rd January 2023