LEARN organizes one day seminar on "Facilitating Digital Conference Service to LEARN R&E Community" targeting IT Technical staff of LEARN member institutions. The target group is Systems/Network/LMS administrator from LEARN member institutions.
Digital Conferencing Facility (Zoom) received from BDREN Facilitating Distance Learning using Digital Conferencing Facility (fDLuDCf) of Asi@connect project provides enterprise grade video conferencing facility that you can use for regular meetings, conferences and distance learning/education. LEARN is going to provide a Zoom Pro account to individuals that allows to schedule/manage meetings them self.
The seminar is going to provides technical essential required for IT administrators in enabling the service to the institute and in assisting R&E staff of their home institute to make use of the service for R&E activities.
Venue: Plant Genetic Resources Centre (PGRC), Gannoruwa, Peradeniya (map attached below)
- Duration: 1 day
- Class size: 200
- Target group: Network/Systems/LMS administrators from LEARN member institutions.
- Program Level: intermediate
- Course fee: free of charge (refreshments and lunch will be provided)
- Date: 12th July 2019 from 10.00 a.m to 4.30 p.m
- 1. Linux Basis. Ref. https://ws.learn.ac.lk/wiki/linux2016
- Application closing: 5th July 2019
1. Introduction to the Digital Conferencing facility
2. How to use Zoom
3. Joining with LEARN Identity Access Federation
4. Guidance to setup institutional identity database and IDP
More details at https://indico.learn.ac.lk/e/fdcs-2019/